Monday, November 15, 2010

Moose on the Loose

Did I mention how happy I was when we could turn
back our clocks?  This is Morgan's school bus
at 7:15 a.m.  It's dark!  We live in the mountains!
There are bears out here!

This is Mr. B, Morgan's bus driver.  He promised
to watch out for her.

So last week we were waiting at the end of the
driveway for the school bus.  I could hear it down
the road, I could see it down the road.  Mr. B
was driving back and forth, honking, what was
he doing?  He finally made his way to our house
and motioned for Morgan to hurry onto the bus.

Then he called me over to his window and said very calmly,
"IF YOU SEE A MOOSE, TAKE MORGAN INSIDE".

A moose?!  Are you kidding me?  He chased a moose
away from the road, it was headed toward Morgan and I
and we didn't even know it.

I went back inside and immediately googled MOOSE.
Was he going to eat us?  No.  But he could stomple us.
(Trample / Stomp, I like to make up words).
My husband thought I was being ridiculous.
My brother thought this was all quite amusing.
My sister was most sympathetic and relayed her own
terrifying moose story.  She survived.  Just barely.
She nearly had moose drool on her snowmobile suit.

Well, the weekend came and I had no reason to be
outdoors before daylight and had forgotton about
the moose.  Until Morgan called me outside and told
me the grass looked funny.

Moose Poop!
Eww!

We also have a black fox in the front yard

and a deer in the barn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment! I would love to hear from you.